Wednesday, May 28, 2008

White Water Rafting

We had the best weekend White Water Rafting in Tennessee! I can't believe I was actually convinced to do it, but I am really glad that I did. I had these horrible visions of falling out of the boat and dying in a rapid, but it didn't happen and it was so much fun. It was also a great bonding experience with the family. What better way to get close to your family than to go down a river with Olympic grade rapids?

It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed the sun as we got our equipment and watched a demo on how not to kill ourselves. The main thing I noted was to never let go of the paddle! The guys were definitely PUMPED to do this...the girls were a little apprehensive and cautious, but we all handled it like champs.

Apparently some of the rapids we went through were used in the Atlanta Olympics. To be honest, I didn't think they were that hard to handle (maybe I missed my calling...). Our guide was really good and fun. There were only a couple times when we all got bounced out of our seats into the middle of the boat. Thankfully we fell IN instead of OUT!

Overall, a great weekend, despite the HORRIBLE car ride home because Elizabeth and I got quite sick from our breakfast. Don't ever, ever eat at a Waffle House....enough said!

Luke showing off his muscles

The boys were really into showing their legs

We were all feeling a little crazy

YAY for White Water Rafting

No comments:

Post a Comment