I decided stripes would be my project. Luke agreed, and we went to Lowe's last Saturday and picked out three colors of paint. I loved the names. Gingerbread (an orange color), Harvest Earth, and (my favorite!) December Starlight. We already had the green background, so that makes four gender neutral colors that fit well with both of the nursery bedding sets we have.
I began taping the stripes around 10 a.m. It wasn't until after midnight when we finally could call it quits, and we still one more color to paint! It was a long and tedious job. I wanted to be really exact with the stripes...I didn't want crooked lines or sloppy paint, so I was really careful. I enjoyed doing something so time-consuming for the baby, though.
The next morning, I painted the brown color...and then waited for it to dry. We literally held our breath for 10 minutes while we peeled off the tape. I was scared that it would look awful and we would have to redo the whole thing!
But, to our surprise, it looks AMAZING! The pictures don't even do it justice. I just love it. It is modern and fun and not too crazy but definitely unique. I am very excited to get it all put together with artwork, accessories, and other fun items.
Take a look!
Taping the stripes for the first color
Adding the Gingerbread (we put sparkle dust in the orange, so it looks extra special)