Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New You!

We have been asking Noelle to repeat after us, "Happy New Year!"

Instead, she says, "Happy New You!"

Either she isn't able to articulate the word "year," or she is wiser than we know.

I know some people have qualms about the new year and making resolutions and trying to change themselves all in the name of a year growing one digit higher, but I do tend to enjoy a good New Year's Eve and the promise of a happier, better year in the future.

I have been thinking a lot lately about resolutions and things I hope happen in the new year. I think, above all, I wish for peace.

Not necessarily "World Peace," (the inner pageant girl in me is coming out) though that would be nice.

I think I just wish for peace within my self, my soul, my heart, my mind. Peace in my decisions. Peace in my current place in life. Peace in my accomplishments and peace in my failures. I wish for peace in my loved ones. I wish for peace in those I interact with on a daily basis. To feel peaceful about life is a really great place to be in, and that's where I want to be in 2012.

I wouldn't mind losing about 50 pounds either. (palm slaps forehead)

The weight issues will always be there. The money issues will always be there. The work-life balance issues will always be there. No matter how old I get, some kind of drama will always be there.

But if I can have peace with these "issues," I'm feeling good.

Of course I hope 2012 brings me success in the classroom, growth in photography, memories with friends & family, perhaps a new baby, and a supermodel's body to boot, but I just. want. peace.

To start off this new year, I want to look back on my favorite moments of 2011.







































Happy New You!

No comments:

Post a Comment