Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries

I never ate sweet potatoes before I tried sweet potato fries at Amazing Joe's (a local Muncie restaurant) last summer. I fell in love with this wonderfully delicious variation of my favorite food, fries. I have tried a lot of my own recipes for sweet potato fries over the last few months, and my favorite so far is this:

This recipe is good for 2 people.

1 large, huge, ugly sweet potato (or 2 smallish-medium ones)
Chili powder
Garlic salt
Sea salt
Cumin
Olive oil

Peel the sweet potato and chop it into 4ths, then chop it down some more into 1/2 " thick strips. They don't have to be perfect, just about 4 inches long.

Put them in a bowl, toss with olive oil, then shake a lot of chili powder, garlic salt, sea salt, and cumin on them. 

Put on a cookie sheet, bake at 450 for about 20 minutes...flip halfway through. 

They are SOOOO yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment