Saturday, March 7, 2009

An Update

It's been a little while since I have checked in. I don't like to go tooooo long without posting something because I don't want to forget anything that has been going on lately. Things are going positively great right now. I really think that Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent has been a wonderful renewal for both of us. Our spirits are higher...our faces are brighter....and this SPRING weather is just what we need. It has been close to 70 degrees for the past two days, and it has been wonderful to air out our house and brighten everything up.

Luke absolutely KILLED his most recent round of tests at school. I am so proud of him. He truly works miracles sometimes. He studies so hard and is so diligent...and it always, always pays off. He was above the class average in his scores, and I am so proud of him. :-) He is now officially on spring break, which means the tiling project can now begin!

We bought some beautiful tile to put in our entry way and both of our bathrooms. The 80's linoleum has GOT to go! So, Luke has been ripping up the old stuff and now is ready to lay the first tiles. I can't WAIT to see what it is going to look like when it is all done. We also are always very aware of the term "resale value," and we know that replacing the old, crappy stuff and putting down a nice, quality tile will really come in handy for us when we eventually sell our home (but I don't want to think about that!).

In other home news, I got a wild hair today at Meijer and decided to buy the little swirly energy efficient light bulbs. I have wanted to do it for a while, but never wanted to spend the money. They aren't TOO much more expensive than regular bulbs, and they are supposed to save you a LOT on your electric bill. This makes me really happy. Plus, saving energy is good for the planet. I am going to go through our old electric statements and see what our average usage and cost has been, and then compare it in the months ahead. 

What else...what else. Really, our hearts are just in a great place right now, and we can't complain. I have really taken the initiative to take care of my health and over the past 15 weeks, I have lost 13 lbs. My goal is 30, and I am getting really close to the halfway mark. We have embarked on a mission to eat a diet full in good foods and really treat ourselves right. 

Life is really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment