Thursday, October 13, 2011

Got the fever

I have started and quit this post about 3 or 4 times now. I just don't know how to say what I want to say...so I guess I will just say it.

I want to have another baby!

Like...yesterday.

I think it's been so hard to write it because I'm worried I'll get unsolicited opinions. I don't want to hear about how having a 2 year old and a newborn is hard. I don't want to hear about how it's expensive. I don't want to hear about how I'll have 2 in diapers and 2 in daycare and 2 extra mouths to feed. The chaos we will experience will truly only be such a short time in our lives compared to the lifetime we will have with our family...our complete family, the way we have always wanted.

Noelle is so perfect and amazing and sweet and smart and beautiful. Why wouldn't we want another one? I would think it would be the terror child that never sleeps and is allergic to everything on Earth and causes you to go prematurely gray that would convince you that one child is enough...not the other way around.

We want our children to be close in age. Noelle is already 19 months old. I know people who have had their 2nd child by the time their first is 19 months old. I'm not saying that it's the most ideal, but those families seem to be doing just fine and loving their lives and children.

So...in a nutshell...Baby #2, where are you? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Don't let people spoil your excitement - if it helps, it is actually easier right now having 2 (2yr & 3mo) than it was JUST having Cole at 3mo. It is always different with everyone, *but* there is a great chance that it will be totally awesome at every stage...and you are right, having "two in diapers" is a VERY temporary situation compared to having your entire family...forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SO on the same page. I wish we talked more. Almost all your thoughts I feel too. I feel like I don't take the pictures like before because then I can't be making the memory, I have to watch it. I want baby 2 too! Go for it girl! Noelle is amazing and she should have a friend to play with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete