Friday, November 18, 2011

heart of the mama

To love you more than I ever thought possible...
To do anything I can to protect you from pain...
To love you enough to tell you "no" when you need to hear it...
To help you with even the simplest of tasks...
To play with you until fatigue closes my eyes...
To laugh with you just to make you laugh harder...
To sit with you until you fall back asleep...
To ask myself over and over again how God knew I wanted exactly you...
To dream of the day I see you in a wedding dress...
To cry when you cry, no matter the reason...
To recognize that this is the most important work I'll ever do...
To experience joy through your eyes...
To feel brand new and special first thing in the morning...

Noelle, you are the best part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment