Sunday, November 29, 2009

24 Weeks = 6 Months?


The whole pregnancy week counting thing is confusing. Everyone thinks you're pregnant for 9 months, but you are pregnant for 40 weeks (if you go to term). 40 weeks converts to about 10 months, right? This is because you are actually "pregnant" before you even get pregnant....which goes into health talk and gross things that make me uncomfortable to discuss even on a blog-- anyway...needless to say it sounds cooler to say I am SIX MONTHS PREGNANT, but in actuality I am only about 5 1/2. Regardless, the baby has made some super cool milestones in this 24th week of gestation no matter how you slice it.

Beginning with Wednesday night, the night before Thanksgiving, the baby was moving around a LOT, and Luke got to actually feel it for the first time. Since then, the baby is more and more active, and I actually wake up each morning to the feeling of it squirming around in there. It's fun to know when the baby is awake and then to picture the sweet baby sleeping, too. Apparently, it has developed its REM sleep cycle, which Luke informed me that means the baby can dream, too. I wonder what fetuses dream about?

I have a healthy, festive bump in my belly, which is really fun to dress these days (I say that 1/2 with sarcasm). My biggest complaint is with PANTS! I hate pants! I hate wearing jeans, even maternity ones. I hate wearing dress pants. I just want to be in sweatpants all day long, and it isn't fair that I work in a profession where you have to be "dressed up" every day. I know, Boo Hoo, Ashley...the majority of the world works in such professions, too. I just think the world would be a happier place if we were all allowed to work in sweat pants, don't you?! I was totally "that girl" today in church and wore spandex-ish workout pants. I don't care. God is just happy I am there. He doesn't care what I am wearing. I was comfortable, which means I was able to focus more on the message the priest was delivering and less about how to unzip my pants without scaring the small children around us.

I just signed up for our childbirth classes, which will begin January 4th! They are going to be on Monday nights for four weeks. I am really excited!

Well, it's Sunday, which means I need to watch the Colts attempt to stay undefeated! Til next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment