Friday, December 17, 2010

Censorship.

Apparently my "Christmas sucks" entry was read and misunderstood, which caused me grief...and since I am one who tends to want to make everyone else happy but myself, I have taken it down and decided to censor myself.

This is the 2nd time I have removed a post from my blog...not wanting to, but doing it to save me the anguish of having to defend my own thoughts and feelings. This blog is public. I know that. But this blog is mine, and I am an adult, and I can say and think what I want...but when someone feels the need to criticize my own thoughts and feelings, it frustrates me, overwhelms me, and causes me to just delete the post.

My colleagues don't call me a doormat at school for nothing.

It's not worth it in the end. I am considering starting a private blog so I can be as honest as I would like, but until then, I will leave you with this...

Censorship sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha---if it is worth anything, I thought your Christmas Sucks post was an incredibly accurate depiction of what quite a few of us feel like around Christmas. You should never have to feel obligated and run down during such a "happy" time of year, and yet it still happens...and it seems like now that we have Cole, our "obligations" have increased tenfold. If you find a way out of the madness, let me know and I'll follow you out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! Glad to know I am not alone... :-)

    ReplyDelete