Monday, March 21, 2011

McFatty Monday!

It's been a couple of weeks since I talked about being a McFatty...and in case you were wondering, I am still, in fact, a McFatty.

The good news is that I am not any heavier than I was when I last posted about being a McFatty.

The bad news is that I am not any lighter, either.

I am still very proud to admit that I have not been to a fast food restaurant or drive through since 2010. Luke pointed out that I have gone a 1/4 of a year without that stuff. Remarkably, it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be...kind of like not finding out if Noelle was going to be a boy or girl-- not as hard as it seems, and SOOOO worth it in the end.

I think my overall appetite has decreased. Some days, I don't eat lunch....which I know is bad, but I find that I am not starving the way I used to be. I am really trying to just listen to myself and see if I am really hungry or if I am just eating because I am bored or sad or anxious or whatever.

I listen to XM radio all the time, and my radio is always on the Cosmo channel. In the evenings, there is a lady named Dr. Jenn who does a love and relationship show, and it replays in the morning at the ridiculous hour I am traveling to school. Dr. Jenn is a therapist, and she helps people in a lot of ways, and one of those ways is with overeating. She has a "hunger scale," and she said 1 is if you are absolutely starving and would eat your arm off, and 10 is if you are seconds away from barfing you are so full. She says you should eat at a level 3. She also said something I thought was good...she said, "If you don't know you're hungry, you're not hungry." I think what this means is your body gives you signals such as a growling stomach, that churning feeling, that empty, hollow feeling...and that is when you know you are actually hungry. Other times, you're probably filling a void with food.

So...with Kiawah only a couple months away, I am really needing to buckle down and get it together.

Starting tomorrow--- because I just ate ice cream. And it was darn good.

*P.S.-- no graph today. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment