Sunday, August 29, 2010

Skinny Jeans

Skinny jeans.
A concept as foreign to me as camping or playing chess or changing a flat tire.
(beats chest, drags knuckles)..."what 'er dose?"

I'm fat. I'm not looking for compliments. Don't talk me out of it. I am fat. I have successfully stalled in my post-baby weight loss, and I am now just sitting here at the weight I was before I decided to do something about my fatness two years ago. I put my mind to it and lost 20 lbs, but that also required me to run (A LOT) and eat (A LITTLE). I have the motivation, but do I have the time? the determination? the skillz?

Having a baby changes everything. This, I know. My life is so much better because of that little cheesy nugget, but I just can't let go of the fact that my evenings are totally sold out before they even begin. It is stressful trying to find time for the house, my husband, my daughter, my job, and then my super-size body on top of it all.

Gah.

I bought a pair of fat jeans in my first trimester of pregnancy so that I could wear regular jeans for as long as possible (I don't know why I was avoiding the maternity jeans for so long...how I WISH all my clothes now had a stretchy band holding them up instead of a button and zipper). Well, these fat jeans are now my regular ol' me jeans. They are the only ones that fit. And that sucks.

Someday, maybe, I will get my shit together and just decide I am tired of trying and I am just gonna do it. But for now, I am gonna focus on a different kind of skinny jeans.


No comments:

Post a Comment