Monday, October 4, 2010

Negative Nancy needs to go on a vacation.

If it's one thing America loves, it's a good comeback.
(and no, not the "yo mama" comeback you might be thinking...)

Recently, I have been thinking about how many people I know who are on a comeback...maybe even their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th comeback, but a comeback nonetheless. They are leaving the past behind and moving forward. They are trying to do good for themselves and others around them. They desperately need the support of others to do this...and I have to say...I haven't been so willing in the past.

I have always been a "lifer." You are one way the rest of your life. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Once a drinker, always a drinker. Once a druggie, always a druggie. Once a failure, always a failure. If you're thinking of how horrid of a person I am...yeah, I guess you could go there. I don't know if I am that horrid, or if I am just that naive/negative to think that you can't change...but you can think what you want.

All I know is that I am obviously trying to be taught something by someone greater than me about the power of a comeback. About the power of positive thinking. About the power of unconditional support.

And I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment