Monday, February 23, 2009

Principle 3

So, last night after I got home from the long weekend, I decided to make some time to read the book "God Will Make a Way." I have found since I read the first 2 principles that a couple of things have been "revealed" to me, and when I read the 3rd principle, it made all the more sense.

The 3rd principle is about wisdom...seeking it out from God and others to help find a place of peace and the path that you are supposed to be walking. A couple things stuck out to me during this chapter. Basically, it said that if you ask for wisdom from God, you will get it, and that God doesn't usually give wisdom ahead of time, but rather just in time. A lot of times, I get so anxious about something and I find myself asking God numerous times to help me with something that is pretty far into the future. This has kind of frustrated me in the past, because I am an instant gratification kind of person...but that quote about the wisdom not coming ahead of time but just in time...it makes sense to me. I shouldn't be anxious about things that haven't even happened yet.

Additionally, I have been seeking the wisdom from people such as Luke's mom, dad, and siblings. They have really helped to not only share their experience and advice from when they lost a child, but they also have expressed concern about our apparent loss or weakness in faith...which is difficult to talk about but necessary and helpful to air our feelings and truths out into the open. 

It's really interesting to me how the principles have seemed to parallel my life, which goes along with the final thought of the chapter. Our paths are already decided and created, and it is up to us to ask for the wisdom to find the correct way. I don't know if the principles of this book are following me, or if I am following them, but either way, I feel like this is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment