Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentime's Day

Notice the typo at the top....this is how a lot of my students pronounce "Valentine's Day." I had a lot of fun yesterday asking my boys if they had any "hot dates" planned for the weekend. Most of them just looked at me like I was CRAZY! :-)

Last night Luke and I babysat for Marty and Monica's kids. We had a lot of fun playing with Gwenna, Andrew, and Walt. They made us laugh a lot, especially when they decided to play the Wii. 

This morning my parents came to our house and took us out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. It was great to catch up and spend time with them. Then Luke and I went to some antique stores in Noblesville. Luke has always wanted to go, so I decided to finally make it happen. We had a lot of fun looking at all the old furniture and collectibles. We weren't looking for anything in particular, but we did end up buying a cabinet that would work really well for a baby changing table! Luke is going to refinish it and it will be great! 

Speaking of babies, our friend Megan just gave birth to her second son, Lachlan. I am going to go see him tomorrow, and I can't wait to meet the little guy! 

Anyway, tonight for our Valentine's Day date, we are going to Buca Di Beppos. It will great food, I'm sure!

I have always been one of those people who really like Valentine's Day. I don't think it is a stupid holiday, and I don't think it means that you only celebrate love for one day a year. I think it is just a great time to show EVERYONE how much you love them. There are so many kinds of love on this earth...family love, romantic love, friendship love, and even love toward strangers just because they are human beings, too. How could anyone despise a holiday dedicated to love??

Have a wonderful day and spread some love around...

CORRECTION: Buca's had a 4 hour wait. No food is worth that!!! So we went to Stefano's instead and enjoyed the dinner. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment