Friday, September 17, 2010

Epic Fail

You know you need a weekend if...

you forget your daughter's bottles at home on the counter and have nothing for the little girl to eat at daycare.

or...

You know you need a weekend if...

the day after you forget her bottles at home, you send her to daycare without her pacifier.

Yes. That lady needing the weekend? It's me (just visualize me jumping up and down, waving my hands frantically, shouting, "me! me! me!")

I don't know where my mind has been lately. I have been so forgetful. Yes, I left Noelle's bottles at home on Thursday. Thankfully, River of Life had extra bottles and I had extra formula there. Today, I left home without her pacifier, but they went to Wal-Mart to get her a new one. Isn't that great of them? I'm telling you...this is a WONDERFUL daycare center. They love Noelle like she is their own. What a relief.

It's good to know someone else will pick up the mother baton when you drop it...
in a puddle of mud...
as it breaks into 1000 pieces.

In life, I feel you can either do 100 different jobs and none of them very well, or you can do a few jobs and do them with 100% of your being. I think I have been trying to do the whole have a 100 jobs and just give a little of myself to each of them, rather than actually focus on the most important roles I have (wife, mother, teacher, friend) and give all I have. Oh well. Isn't that part of life? Learning each day and figuring out how tomorrow is gonna be better?

So...even though I failed at the bottle thing and the pacifier thing...
...and even though Luke and I had PB&J for dinner this week...
...and even though the laundry is piling up and the cats don't have food...
...I have succeeded in one thing, and one thing only.
...Opening a bottle of wine and pouring me a glass.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment