Thursday, September 9, 2010

So I'm not a total domestic failure...

I cooked this week.

Here's the proof (aside from the scale that isn't budging and the pile of dirty dishes in the sink).

Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip
(I had a hankering for some buffalo chicken dip...sooooo something the former Ashley would never touch...so I made some last weekend rather than pay $8 for an appetizer at Scotty's Lakehouse or O'Charley's. It was real good.)

8 oz of cream cheese (I used 1/3 reduced fat)
1/2 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
1/2 cup of reduced fat ranch dressing
1/2 cup of reduced fat shredded mozzarella
2 cans of white chunk chicken (from a can...and it does in fact smell like tuna, so I can see how Jessica Simpson was confused)

Soften the cream cheese and stir it in the bottom of a pretty deep baking dish (give yourself at least 4 inches deep).
Add the hot sauce, ranch, cheese, and chicken, and mix it all around all smooth-like.
Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake about 20 minutes...until there's a golden brown crustyness to the top.

Eat with multigrain tortilla chips. YUM.

Simple Shrimp & Pasta
(I like to just throw things together and make things up myself. For example...this recipe.)

1/2 a box of whole wheat thin spaghetti
10-12 cooked shrimp (get the kind without the poop veins and take the tails off, weirdos)
1 tablespoon of red pepper (or more if you're feeling crazy)
1 medium Vidalia onion (I am really into Vidalia's these days), cut into thin rings
Spoonful of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of butter

Cook the pasta like normal, then drain. Melt the butter on medium heat. Add the garlic. Let it get a little toasty. Add the onion and saute for a few.
Add the red pepper and the shrimp. Only cook the shrimp enough to get it warm.

Add the drained pasta to the sauce/shrimp and let it soak up all the goodness. Serve & eat. Drink water because it has a kick to it!

Pizza Rolls
(not Totinos...though those are good, too)

1 can of Pillsbury crescent dough in garlic butter flavor
1 small can of tomato sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
turkey pepperoni

Unroll the dough on the baking sheet. Separate all the triangles. Add a thin layer of sauce to each triangle. Then add about 3 pepperoni to each. Lastly cover with cheese (not too much!). Roll up the crescent and bake according dough directions. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese when you're done.

Red Chicken Chili
(I have made this a  lot over the past year or so. It's really good this time of year.)

Recipe too long. Google it.

I also made Fruity Nut Muffins from the Flat Belly Diet book. You can look that one up, too.

Look at me, I'm Rachael Ray!

1 comment:

  1. That buffalo chicken dip is what I made for the Christmas party last year...I don't bake mine, though, and use cheddar instead of mozzarella - but it is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete