Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I realize that I need to upload some pictures here soon. I also need to do that on my photography blog because...well...it is for my photography, so I need to show some photography. Speaking of that-- I am so happy with the growth of my photography "business." I counted, and I did over 20 photo sessions in about 5 months in 2010. I have already started the new "season" with a great session, and I have several more coming up. Very cool. I love it.

Anyway-- we had the most uneventful New Year's ever. I mean...if it were any more uneventful, we'd be 6 feet under, if you know what I mean. I went to a special New Year's Eve Zumba class, and then I came back, got ready really quickly, and then we went to PF Chang's (my favorite Chinese place!) to celebrate NYE and our 10 year anniversary of being together. We made a reservation, they had our table ready, and we were out of there within an hour. We came back, played with Noelle for a few, put her to bed, then I fell asleep long before midnight. I woke up at about 11:45, just in time to watch the ball drop and then fall back asleep. No parties. No drinking. No screaming at midnight. No noise makers. No silly hats. A part of me missed this...the traditions of NYE past...but a part of me was just fine with spending the evening with my husband and my daughter, safe and sound in our home. Maybe the fact that 2011 was welcomed in quietly and calmly will mean that it will be a quiet and calm year...

Now, on to those resolutions. I make them every year. I break them every year...but I think it's because my motivations are never really whole-hearted. I usually say I want to lose weight...not to be healthier but because I want to look good on a bikini. I usually say I want to save money...not for financial fitness but for something frivolous that I want to buy. This year, I have decided to focus on health and balance...the total picture...taking care of myself so that I can be a better mom, wife, daughter, friend, teacher, person. I think that is all we can hope for at the dawn of a new year.

One resolution I am determined to uphold is eliminating fast food from my diet. This is not only for my health benefit, but also for my financial benefit. Honestly, even commercials for fast food are making my stomach churn. Too much. I am done.

So...you might scoff at my resolutions and think there's no way I will keep them...but I don't care. I will never know unless I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment