Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolution Check- Week 1

Well, I am here to offer a weekly update to my resolutions I made. I did not go through one drive-thru this whole week! You might think that is not a big deal, but honestly, I was hittin' a drive-thru in some form or another like 5 times a week-- either for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a Diet Coke (which was it usually was). I know that $1 Diet Coke from McDonald's is not the biggest offense on Earth, but honestly-- that $1 DC usually turns into a $3.49 value meal. Not to mention I was drinking DC by the GALLONS and totally neglecting my water intake. Not good. Not healthy. Not to mention expensive. Spending $1 a day on Diet Coke alone, coupled with a few nights of Value Meals...and it adds up to like $10 a week on crappy SHITTY food. So, in that regard, I have done really well!

I only made it to Zumba once this week. I wish I could have done it at least twice. That is my goal. So, hopefully this week will be better, though I doubt it because Luke is working over night this week. Awful. I hate it. Only 4 more months of Med School of us...thank GOD. Not that residency will be any better by any means...

I did go to Target twice this week. My resolution was just to go once. However, I bought nothing frivolous or unnecessary either time. I just got diapers and some groceries and a gift for Clare's baby shower. Go me.

So, all in all, I think I did pretty well. I didn't fall off any wagon. I am still very much on my way to having a healthy year in all aspects of my life. I even said "No" to a commitment that would have taken me away from my family for several hours. There's so much power in that tiny little word!

2 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing how LIBERATING the word "no" is?!? proud of you for no fast food this week, not even one mcd diet coke?!?! AWESOME job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did have diet coke, but out of a can and once per day...and NO mcdonald's diet coke. i pretty much am on crack withdrawal.

    and yes, NO is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete