Saturday, April 18, 2009

Claddagh

I have made a goal for Luke and I to go to some Indy restaurants we have never been to before. On my list are St. Elmo Steakhouse, Eagle's Nest, and some other places in my Indianapolis Monthly "Best of Indy" issue. Too often we go to Applebee's, Panera, Wendy's, Olive Garden. While we are young and experimental, we need to venture out more!

We tried the Claddagh Irish Pub off 96th street, which is a chain, but it is one we have never been to before. We went late...it was after 9, so it was more of a bar atmosphere at that point. They had a DJ playing some 80s rock which was good for us, and we sat in the bar area. The tables were a bit uncomfortable because you had to straddle it with your legs since it was made out of a huge barrel. I got the shrimp & chips and Luke got a big turkey club sandwich. I can't complain about my shrimp...beer battered and yummy. The chips (or fries) were a little bland...I would prefered Luke's potato wedges that he got with his sandwich. 

Luke enjoyed a Blue Moon while I had 2 cosmopolitans....which inspired two promotional Absolut Vodka girls to come over and take my picture with my martini because it showed that I was drinking Absolut. It was awkward and I made them swear that the pictures wouldn't be posted on the Internet. They wanted to give me an Absolut Vodka t-shirt, but I kindly explained that I was a teacher and would not have an occasion to wear an alcohol brand t-shirt. 

Anyway, our friend Chris joined us for a beer and we got to catch up on some adult topics like his upcoming wedding, taxes, buying a house, and his law school and Luke's med school studies. We are so adult now! 

All in all, I would return to the Claddagh...maybe with a bigger group of friends for some drinks or on a Sunday afternoon for a nice lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment