Friday, April 3, 2009

Tough Week

This week was pretty good until Wednesday, when I had to deal with a not-so-fun-situation with regards to a student's parent. I find this part of my job extremely exhausting and depressing. It is all I can do sometimes to put a smile on my face and go on. "Moving forward" has never really been my strong suit. I am hoping to build a thicker skin in time.

The concept of "not everyone is going to love you" is really hard for me. I hate being insecure and thinking that there is someone out there who is upset with me for any reason....whether it's a friend, family member, student, student's parent, or stranger on the street. I wear my heart on my sleeve and just take everything too personally.

I know that these traits will pay off one day...that I will be a loving mother and a sensitive friend. I hope that my parent problems at school are limited and that these people learn to just let me do my job.

Anyway, I am happy it is the weekend. I can't wait to rest and relax with my wonderful husband in our beautiful home. Our pear tree is blooming and the cherry blossom tree is ready to burst. I can't wait to take pictures! 

By the way...good meal idea is Rachael Ray's Cowboy Spaghetti. Google it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment