Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

We had a pretty great Easter this year. We went down to New Albany on Saturday afternoon and went straight to Seth & Liz's so that we could see the boys. Gus & Sol were looking cute and were excited for Easter! 

We ate dinner and had ice cream at Polly's Freeze. I had a Polly Burger, fries, and a chocolate dipped cone. :-) Yum! It was junk food at its finest....but I didn't care. 

I got to watch "Slumdog Millionaire" finally, which was awesome! It was so moving and poignant...I would like to watch it again so that I can pick up on some things that I missed the first time. I love movies like that that really make you think and open your eyes to a "new world." For example, I will always remember the movie, "Hotel Rwanda" for those very same reasons. 

Today we went to Easter mass at Mt. Saint Francis. I definitely got emotional during the pre-service music...Luke leaned over to me and said he was imagining what our baby would have looked like. It was sweet and sad all the same.

We spent a few hours visiting and catching up with Luke's family, and then we had to take off and head to Indy to meet my parents at our house. It is really important to us that we make efforts to see both families on holidays. Mom & Dad came through with some Cadbury Creme Eggs for me! Yay!

I was able to send my first text since before Ash Wednesday today. It felt good but the last 40 days really told me that I don't need to be tied to my phone and texting all the time. Rather than texting, I know that I can always pick up the phone and TALK to the person....which is something we don't do very often these days as a culture! 

Anyway, enjoy the pictures....

We need to see the Kiawah sun IMMEDIATELY! Look how pale!


Family picture at Grandma's


Two of my favorite girls


Luke finding  his Easter basket hidden in the yard!


Luke and Gus shooting hoops

No comments:

Post a Comment