Sunday, October 18, 2009

Return of the Blogger

I do apologize to any loyal readers for my lack of posting here lately. And by loyal readers, I mean my parents... :-) My typical phrase is "things have been crazy!"

I am gearing up for a three day teaching week that will end with a day of parent-teacher conferences and a 1-day fall break for me. I am very much looking forward to my day off. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, a hair appointment in the afternoon, and that is just about it! My weekend is wide open, and I am thrilled!

Luke and I had a really great weekend here recently. We spent Friday night with his mom, his mom's cousin Barry from California, and Abe & E. We ate at Five Guys, which totally lived up to the hype. I kind of wanted it again the next day for lunch. It was a pregnant lady's dream...burgers...and fries...yum. We had Coldstone after, and then came back to the house to watch some Brian Regan clips on youtube.

Saturday morning was Luke's big marathon! He successfully completed 26.2 miles on a chilly October morning. It was thrilling to watch him run and cross that finish line. I was so proud of him. He made it through with only a little pain in his knees. He is currently walking like an 85 year old man, but he should snap out of that soon. We had a great cheering section for him (thanks to Lisa, Barry, Abe, E, and my dad) complete with signs. What an accomplishment! He finished with an official time of 3 hours, 50 minutes, and 54 seconds, which was just under a 9 min. mile pace for 26.2 miles.
The rest of that day, we spent being lazy bums around the house. We had some delicious wings from Applebee's (baby craved them), and then we hung out with Chris & Megan and watched a movie. We really love having friends just 3 minutes down the road from us!

Sunday (today) has been marvelous. We got up, made biscuits and gravy, went to church, and ran about 1000 errands. I even did some "me" shopping, which is always fun and rare and full of guilt...but I decided I deserved it.

Dinner is about to be served...but I just wanted to briefly update and say that I am 18 weeks pregnant today! We go for our ultrasound in just over one week. I am DYING to see this baby-- and yes, we are still holding true to our word that we are not finding out the sex ahead of time. We are going to keep on guessing until March! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment