Wednesday, June 3, 2009

At the Airport!

Here I sit at the new Indianapolis Airport waiting for my flight to board to Atlanta! I am really excited (mildly nervous). One thing I love about airports is the gift shop! I just bought a book and Combos and bottled water. 

Today, I finished my 2nd year of school! I was actually pretty sad as I hugged each student goodbye today. You go through such an emotional roller coaster with your class when you are a teacher...especially an elementary teacher. You have a very strong love/hate relationship with each of your students. It was a neat moment for me today because I actually got to hug several of my former students who were "graduating" 5th grade today. It made me feel special that they sought me out and wanted to say "goodbye" to me. It's a big deal to be a 5th grader moving on to the middle school. I remember that time very vividly for me. We sang "Somewhere Out There" from Fival Goes West, and I remember bawling my eyes out, worried that I would never, ever see my friends again. Those same people ended up becoming friends that I still have today, but I didn't know the difference when I was 11. I guess I have never liked goodbyes!

I am looking forward to so much with regards to this vacation. I don't want to get ahead of myself, as I know that I will no doubt have too high expectations which will be physically impossible to live up to, so I just want to be calm and relaxed and ready for anything.

I can't wait to escape this 50 degree, rainy weather! Bring on the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment