Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer is in Full Swing!

I hate cleaning. I may have sounded really motivated in a previous post to do all kinds of "cleaning" things around the house, but actually, I have changed my mind, and I now despise it. Ok, I will make a correction. I despise cleaning when I have a deadline. My old roommate and dear friend Laura is arriving around 3, along with Allison and Jenn. Laura (Lo, as we nicknamed her in college) and Allison have to rehearse some music for Allison's wedding which is now officially less than 2 weeks away! Ahhh! Jenn and I plan to shop around for some shoes for our bridesmaids dresses while they are gone, and then we are going to reunite for a dinner later on. Anyway, the point of this is that I have to have the house looking top-notch by 3, because Lo has never seen our home! This is a tall order, given that we have vacation laundry to wash and put away, I am knee deep in reorganizing the office closet (almost done though!), the guest bedroom looks like the guest from you-know-where has been living in there for a month (even though it is just our junk), and I have to clean the kitty box...EW (that is Luke's job for a reason)!

Anyway, I am going to talk about the positive aspects of life right now! We had a fabulous weekend, beginning with a Friday night dinner at Jake and Amanda Eichenberger's home. We ate tacos and talked and laughed and shared stories. It was really a fun night. Saturday, we had to hit the road to New Albany to attend Luke's cousin Erika's wedding. It was a beautiful day and wedding. We had a lot of fun at the reception, too. After the reception, we went to see the movie "The Hangover" with Jonathan and Ashley (Luke's cousin and wife). That movie is every fiancee's nightmare,  but it was so funny! I am still laughing about some of the scenes.

Luke getting some daddy practice in by carrying the sleeping Gus.


Liz was a bridesmaid. Look how pretty she is!



The "electric slide" :-)

10/11 Ernstberger children with their mom, Mary Ruth! WOW!


Sunday, we had a pool party at Luke's Aunt Marcia's home. She has a great pool and hot tub, and she generously opens her home each summer to have all 100 Ernstberger adults and kids over. I love spending time with the family!

Luke and I got home late last night and were really not motivated to do anything around the house. I did manage to get some laundry done, but it is the putting away that I really have problems with. I hate putting laundry away!

Well, I suppose I am not being to productive by complaining on this blog about all I have to get done before 3 (which is less then 3 hours away now). I need to just get my butt into gear and get it done. I am sure I will be very relieved when all these jobs are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment