Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lots Going On

Well, as I sit here on the eve of not only my last day of school but also the start of our Kiawah Island vacation, I feel overwhelmed, slightly frazzled, but really excited. I really don't like preparing for long trips. I always feel like I am forgetting something. Add to that the task of getting my room cleaned up and prepared for summer at school, and I am just an organizational disaster right now! However, my bags are packed for Kiawah, and Luke will be taking them with him as he hits the road in about an hour with Abe, E, and his Aunt Marcia. They will be driving through the night (pray for safe travels and ALERT drivers!), and I will be flying down by myself (ahhhhhh) tomorrow evening after school. I am always nervous before flights, but I am just trying not to think about it right now. I don't know which scares me more...flying, or the 90 minute layover in Atlanta by myself...either way, I am relying on faith and probably some good candy to get me through.

Since my last post, we watched CeCe cross the stage and receive her high school diploma from Wes-Del. It was surreal to be in that gym 6 years after our own graduation, and I really got thinking that it would be the last time we would be there for a good long while. No basketball games to watch, no more graduations or dances...it might be the end of an era. It was a great weekend, no less. Lots of family time, and of course time with our awesome nephews, Gus and Sol. They get bigger and cuter by the day, and we really are so blessed to have them enriching our lives. 

Luke and I successfully (if you can call it that) completed Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred with Jillian. HOLY COW it was ridiculous! If anyone out there is looking for a legitimate 20 minute workout that really gives results, it is the 30 Day Shred. We haven't done it for 30 consecutive days, but we have probably done it at least 4 times a week on average for a few weeks, and I can really see and feel a difference. It feels good to be back in shape, and I might even feel slightly LESS uncomfortable in my swimsuit on the beach! I have to keep at it and keep the long range goal in mind...to be healthy and fit so that I can be really healthy for the duration of my life, especially while I anticipate having children!

On that note, I am really looking forward to that day...I hope and pray that God's plan for us is for us to be parents. We are trying to listen and wait and be patient and ready...but until then, we are living for NOW! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment