Friday, August 21, 2009

Cat's Out of the Bag

Well, we finally made the announcement we have wanted to make for about 6 weeks now! After two successful doctor's appointments and ultrasounds, we feel confident enough to say that we are having our first child around March 23, 2010! It sounds so far away...and still feels quite far away, but I know it will be here before we know it!

The past few weeks have been crazily up and down. Every time I would think about the baby, I would get really excited. Then I would remember that no one else knew about the baby, so then I would get sad. Then I got really excited when we first heard the heartbeat about 2 weeks ago, but then thinking about the possibility of losing our child to another miscarriage got me really down. The "cloud of doom" followed me until our appointment yesterday. This appointment, our baby had very visible features such as arms and legs, the head was very pronounced. The first ultrasound, the baby looked like a cocoon...but yesterday, it looked like a baby! It even moved a couple times, wiggling its little body and legs. The heart was pumping away at 175 beats per minute, which is a lot faster than the last time, which was 140.

I know not everyone gets into the baby buzz, but this is truly the biggest part of my life thus far, so I am very excited and relieved to share it with the world. I need to start documenting this pregnancy with some belly photos, but right now, my belly bulge is about 90% food related and 10% baby!

P.S. I have added some posts that I had saved as drafts until we were ready to make the pregnancy public. If you go back a few weeks, you can see some other baby-related posts that used to be top-secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment