Monday, August 3, 2009

Final Countdown

After a fun and busy weekend, here I sit at the beginning of my FINAL week of summer vacation. WOW! One week from right now, I will be sitting in meetings with my colleagues, getting ready for yet another school year. Deep breath...

For now, I am still on vacation, so I am going to try to think that way. Let me first give a weekend update. Luke left Friday afternoon to head to West Virginia for a friend's bachelor party. I got my haircut and went to Muncie to work in my room and stay with my parents for the night. I got to see Allison's cute little house, and I did not envy them as they were in full moving mode. I do NOT miss that! But it will be worth it when it is all said and done. I didn't have the heart to say that over a year after we moved into our house, we still have some rooms that don't feel "done" and some boxes to unpack that are lurking somewhere in our attic. Outta sight, outta mind.

Saturday afternoon, I headed home. Imagine my shock and dismay when I pulled into our driveway and saw Luke's garage door up. It had been open all day Friday and Friday NIGHT! I was very angry and pretty scared to go into my house for fear of all of our possessions being stolen or even worse, a creepy predator hiding in the bathtub (nah...who I am I kidding? No right-minded criminal would wait in the bathtub...I'm sure Ernie has peed in it since the last time I cleaned it). I harnessed what little amount of bravery I had and went inside. Everything seemed OK, and I did a full house check to make sure nothing fishy was going on. I then texted Luke a threatening message that I probably shouldn't write on this blog. :-)

Saturday evening, I went to Abe & E's for dinner. They made kebobs, potatoes, rice, and salad. I brought dinner rolls and Diet Coke. It was yummy! Sarah and Ryan joined later for a "bonfire" in the rain. At that time, I made the decision to head home. I was a big girl. I needed to stay in my own house...albeit alone. I did, however, talk to my mom and dad the entire way home from Greenfield. My dad coached me into locking the garage doors from the inside, which made me feel safer. I also slept with every light on in the house as well as the TV. I hate, hate, hate staying by myself.

Sunday was my friend Jenna's baby shower! She is due in September with a baby girl named Avigail. A group of our high school friends gathered to celebrate this incredible time in her life. It was a great success, complete with "poopy" diapers (made with melted candy bars) and lots of great food.

By the time the girls left, my fresh-out-of-the-doghouse husband came strolling in. I could hardly be mad at him about the door when I saw his sweet face. He had a great time on the trip, but it made me happy to see how happy he was to be home.

All is well again in the Ernstberger house!

No comments:

Post a Comment