Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A cornucopia, if you will...

Long time, no bliggity blog. I have been a busy lady here as of late! I am officially a working mama. Yes, I know...all moms are "working moms" (I know this more than ever after being home alone with my little nugget for 8 weeks), but I am a for real working mom because I am getting up at 5 a.m. and getting paid for it (insert angelic music from the heavens here). I haven't had time to blog daily about Noelle's poop or my 30 Day Shred endeavor...so let me present to you the cornucopia of postings, also known as the "what the heck have I been doing with my life?" post.


Sunday was my first Mother's Day! It rocked! I got to enjoy a beautiful day with my beautiful daughter (I still pinch myself when I say that). I was handed a warm, swaddled bundle of joy Sunday morning with a little ribbon tied around her wrist. Tied to the ribbon was a beautiful aquamarine ring with champagne diamonds on the sides, set in white gold. No, it's not the $1200 Le'Vian I was drooling over, but it is beautiful and perfect and very unexpected.

We enjoyed a wonderful day of church and a lunch with Abe & E. I tried to make the day as long as possible. I was dreading the next day...my first day back to school. I cried a lot that night and felt totally guilty as I was preparing her bottles for the next day. It was really hard to put her to bed that night, knowing that I wouldn't be spending any more quality time with her the next day.

However, I was pleasantly proud of myself when I managed not to cry the next morning. She was in a great mood and was very calm. She was asleep by the time I left, and knowing that my dad was going to be watching her and loving on her helped. I wrote out detailed instructions and called home to check in, but she did great.

At school, my colleagues and students were very happy to see me. I got a lot of hugs and even some flowers on my desk from the staff. I have now been back for two days, and I am finally starting to get my room back the way I want it and sort through all of the projects/assignments the kids are in the middle of. I have to say that it is hard to come back after being gone 8 weeks. I feel like I don't know what I am doing and am all disoriented. However, only 16 more school days and then I will have a fresh start next year. All in all, I am happy I chose to return, and I have had a lot of fun reconnecting with my kids.

I am looking to my left, and I have a sleeping nugget beside me in the crack of the couch cushion. She is two months old today. How is this possible? I don't understand! She is growing so quickly and changing so much. She pays attention to things and responds to our voices. She smiles and is starting to coo. Oh yeah, she slept 7 1/2 hours last night! Straight! No waking up! I checked her two times to see if she was breathing. It was great to be able to sleep through the night. I hope she keeps this up!

Let's see...what else can I throw into this treat bag of a blog post? Oh yes, the Shred. I haven't done it since Friday because I have been insanely busy. Really. And I don't want to spend a lot of my Noelle time on working on. However, I did Zumba yesterday and I ran 2.8 miles today on the treadmill. As of this morning, I am 4 lbs. lighter than I was 12 days ago. I am going in the right direction, and I at least have one pair of pants I can wear to school. Hopefully the kids don't slice and dice me at lunch when they realize I am wearing the same pants all 5 days a week.

Well, like all other working moms, I am counting down the days to the weekend and just truckin' along. I am adjusting to this new lifestyle and very happy that it has been a smooth transition so far.

That's all I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment