Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Angelic Tomato Pasta

Yes, I made up the name of this recipe. Call me Rachael Ray!

I whipped this up the other night when I wanted something light and pasta-y (new word...goes down with "regretnancy"). I am trying to watch what I put in my mouth, so I combined a little a this, a little a that...and....Angelic Tomato Pasta was born! Enjoy.

Angelic Tomato Pasta
Ingredients:
1. 1/2 of a box of angel hair pasta (make it whole wheat if you want to be extra good)
2. 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
3. 1 garlic clove, chopped or one tablespoon of the already minced kind (which is what I have, and I don't measure it. I think on this one, I took the tip of my chopping knife, stuck it in the jar, and flung a heap into the pan...it looked like a tablespoon).
4. 1 tablespoon of olive oil (again...didn't measure)
5. 1 tablespoon of butter (I DID measure this one)
6. Lots of herbs...oregano, basil, garlic powder, parmesan cheese)

Process:
1. Boil pasta until done
2. In a sautee pan, heat oil and butter on medium heat.
3. Add garlic to sautee pan and let it roast a bit until slightly brown.
4. Add tomatoes...cook for a few minutes.
5. Add your first round of sprinkling oregano, basil, and garlic powder into the pan.
6. Drain pasta and then add to sautee pan.
7. Mix all the juices and tomatoes together with pasta.
8. Add another round of sprinkling oregano, basil, and garlic powder.
9. Cap it off with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper if you like.

It was pretty freakin' good and good for you, too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment