Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Regretnancy

This is my new word...regretnancy. It's mine...you can't steal it. It does NOT mean that I regret getting pregnant. No way. It DOES mean that I regret the daily Twix bars, bowls of ice cream, and McCafe Frappes I had in my 8th-9th months of pregnancy. Oh yeah, they tasted great at the time, but now I am left with the aftermath.

I gained about 40 lbs with Noelle. I lost 20 right away. Now I am left with the final 20. What sucks is that prior to getting pregnant, I had lost about 20 lbs over the course of 6 months or so by running and eating better. It took so long to get to that point, and now here I am, back at square one.

I wish I would have done better while pregnant. I now am less than a week from coming back to school and even my fattest of the fat pants barely button...and they look like shit on me. I guess sitting in sweat pants for 8 weeks helped me to ignorantly believe that I wasn't the size of a small cow.

I have made changes, especially over the last 2 weeks. I have been working out regularly and have finally started eating better (which is 95% the battle for me). In fact, I joined Weight Watchers online last week. I really love it so far and think it is going to pay off. I have lost 2 lbs or so in the first 5 days. I guess that's a start.

So, all my pregnant friends, learn from my mistakes. The weight is a million times harder to get off than to put on, especially now that I barely have time to brush my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment