Saturday, May 1, 2010

Taking a Break

I am sad to say that I have taken a day off from the Shred today. OK, I am not that sad. I am tired. I didn't have time for it today. I did, however, get my butt to the gym and ran on the treadmill for the first time in a year. I was just going to start the Cool Runnings Couch to 5K plan again (if you are a new runner, this is a great plan), which consists of alternating 60 sec of running with 90 sec of walking for 20 minutes, but after the first minute I was feeling good and decided to keep it going for as long as I could. I ended up jogging for 16 minutes without stopping. Not too bad for my first time out...considering I had a baby and all.

Maybe it was my NEW running shoes that gave me the extra kick. Yes, I broke down and got some nice, new running shoes. Hey...if it motivates me and keeps me going, it's worth the money.

Jillian and I will continue our love-hate relationship tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment