Friday, July 31, 2009

Pregnancy & Vanity Don't Mix

I feel ugly and gross. Where is that "glow" I am supposed to have? I am really bloated. My face is broken out. My hair is flat and won't do anything (I don't know if that is because of the pregnancy or not...at least I have a haircut today).

I haven't been able to exercise like normal because 1) I get too tired and 2) sometimes it is just uncomfortable. Last night, we tried to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I backed it down to Level 1 -- I WAS on Level 3! I used light weights and took frequent water breaks. It felt good to be active again...but it was not fun and I felt really, REALLY out of shape!

I get on the scale every morning out of habit. The scale has been showing me some numbers that I don't want to see. I realize I can't just be thinking about myself, and that I should just try to be healthy and if some weight creeps on quicker than I want it to, then I just need to deal with it. However, I worked really hard to lose some weight over the past year, and now I see it creeping back on. Oh well...at least I will be better off than if I would have never lost that weight in the first place.

A part of me feels really selfish even saying that I care about my looks at a time like this, but I think women are lying to themselves if they say it doesn't matter. You want to feel beautiful at any and all stages of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment