Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day

Well....here it is, my first snow day...it's 6 a.m....and I can't go back to bed. My body's clock is just set to wake up early and stay up, even when I can sleep in. That's ok...I get more out of my days this way.

I've been catching myself daydreaming about the baby non-stop. I can't focus on anything else. I just really to see this baby's face. With the start of the childbirth classes, all I can think about is the day when this baby comes. I look forward to my maternity leave, not to get away from school, but to be home doing a job that is the most important job in the world. I am obsessed with getting prepared for the baby and making sure that everything is organized and ready. It's really difficult to stay on task with the things I really need to do, when I have so much else I want to do. Oh well...it's a good problem to have. In only 10 short weeks, I will meet my son or daughter and all will be well! (and significantly more crazy!)

Luke and I made a resolution to not eat out as much....we need to save some of that money for diapers :-)...and we have made three pretty good meals this week from Rachael Ray. The first was a turkey shepherd's pie. It was really good...had ground turkey, veggies, and mashed potatoes (the real kind) baked on top. The second was a mega meatball pizza, which freaking rocked. I was proud of Luke because he made it while I was at Zumba. It tasted really, really great! The third one we made last night....a chicken soup with orzo pasta. Again, pretty good, and healthy with chicken and veggies.

This entry was pointless...I guess just a tiny update of life around here. Luke is adjusting to his schedule at Peyton Manning Children's Hospital. He worked 6p-4a Monday and Tuesday nights, had Wednesday and Thursday off, then he works 1p-11p tonight. He won't have to work again until Tuesday. I hate the hours, but at least he doesn't have to go in every day. In his off time, he has managed to all but finish the baby bassinet that he has been building for the past several months. He drew the plans and created it himself. It is beautiful and truly something we will cherish with all of our children. Luke is talented in so many ways...from athletics (I mean, he seriously ran a full marathon, and he is great at any sport he plays), to music (been teaching himself guitar for years), to school (the way he can remember the information they teach in med school is beyond me), to wood working (built my blanket chest for Christmas a couple years ago, and then the baby bassinet, as well as various other projects he has done)....he's just a wonderful combination of talents that make for one incredible person! And he's married to me! Woohoo!

Alright, time for breakfast. The baby is waking up and wondering where the food is. If it is snowy where you are, be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment