Tuesday, February 23, 2010

36 Week Appointment

I had my 36 week appointment today. Baby E passed another test today....he/she is in the head down position! I got to have another ultrasound, but it was kind of a disappointment because I didn't see anything and the head was so far down I couldn't really make out a shape. However, the doc seemed happy that the baby was in position, so I just took her word for it.

I am huge with a capital H, miserable when I sleep, tired beyond belief, and sore in places I didn't know could be sore. As anxious as I am to get this baby out, I know that I NEED to stay pregnant until at least the week before my due date. I need to be at school to get these kids through ISTEP, research reports, book projects, fractions, and Indiana salt/flour maps. There's a lot going on, but I am trying to take it day by day and bring nothing home at night to worry about. This is a challenge, but given my new 8 p.m. bed time, I really wouldn't have time to do anything school-related at home anyway. In fact, Luke caught me asleep last week at about 5:00 when he got home with my laptop on my lap (open to Facebook of course), my cell phone in one hand, and the remote in the other. I was passed out in that position for who knows how long!

Anyway, Baby E seems to be doing just fine, and I am getting more excited by the day. In fact, I see a direct relationship between my excitement level and the amount of swelling in my feet, ankles, face, and hands! The more excited I get, the bigger and more swollen I get! I no longer can wear my gorgeous wedding rings....which really makes me sad....but I know it will be a great reward for when Baby E is born!



No comments:

Post a Comment