Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby E's Bedroom, a photo tour

I have been working feverishly, trying to make everything "perfect" for Baby E's arrival, which could be 5 weeks from today if we get the little St. Patrick's Day baby that we think would be soooo cool! :-) Either way, I am less than 6 weeks away from my due date, which is awesome!

Anyway, with the snow day yesterday, I worked really hard in the house, trying to clean and organize everything I can see (and even the stuff I can't see).

Here's a photo tour of the room we dreamed up for Baby E. We absolutely love it and can't wait to show little Max or Noelle!

We bought this changing table at an antique store in Noblesville last year. It was brown. We repainted it to ivory. I bought a foam pad and sewed the cover myself. The pillows were old throw pillows we no longer used, and I found the pillow slip covers at Target for $5 each.
This mirror was a college leftover. I painted it brown. Notice the adorable bird decal above the mirror! I ordered bird decals from Etsy, and they came from Russia!
Close up of the bird
Birds and branch above the crib
Birds above the closet doors
A few of our favorite maternity pictures
The striped wall! Complete with bookshelf, bouncer, child's rocking chair, and Ernie...
This is above the glider. The square pictures are scrapbook paper pages that I framed. The chandelier is from Urban Outfitters and one of the first things I bought for the room (long before I was pregnant).
View of the glider that we reupholstered after saving it from our apartment dumpster a few years ago.
"Grow" with our baby's 19 week ultrasound!

We saved a lot of money by refinishing and repurposing a lot of things that we found at antique stores, on Craigslist, and in the trash (HA!). Nurseries can cost a ton of money if you go out and buy everything new from the store (which I am sure is very fun and exciting), but it was SO much fun putting our hard work and creativity into every aspect of this room for our precious child.

No comments:

Post a Comment