Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Sad

Well, I would say that this weekend was disappointing! The immense amount of snow we received Friday night unfortunately postponed the baby shower until February 21st. Girls weren't able to get out of their driveways, and it wasn't worth people risking their safety for a baby shower. I was bummed not to see my friends, but I suppose I will just have something more to look forward to in a couple of weeks.

The Super Bowl was a huge disappointment. I can honestly say that I couldn't predict how the game was going to end....I never would have thought a Peyton Manning interception would be the nail in the coffin. I feel horrible for the players. I am sure Peyton is going to have nightmares about that interception for a long time. It's hard to get over a loss that disappointing, but we can't forget that the Colts had the best record in the league, and they are a wonderful team that brings a lot of happiness to this city. It was fun to get excited about the game and watch it with friends. Adding to the depression is that now we are going to be a in a sports draught for a while-- I can't stand baseball season, which will be starting in just a few months, and basketball hasn't been anything noteworthy thus far. Football is so much more fun to watch and cheer for. But...I know that the end of this season means we are closer to Spring, which means Baby E is on his/her way!

The countdown says 43 days, and I couldn't be more excited. Right now I am watching Special Delivery on Discovery Health, and I have to say I am a little freaked out about my own labor and delivery after watching these births, but I have to have faith that Baby E will be safe and we will have a healthy little boy or girl soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment