Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Last Day of Pregnancy

Well, today was my last day of pregnancy (at least for now)! It was bizarre not getting up and going to school, but I enjoyed spending time on the couch, for sure! I ran a couple of errands, picked up some last minute baby items, and enjoyed the absolutely gorgeous weather outside. I am so happy that the baby will born without any snow on the ground! It was nearly 70 degrees today, so the snow has melted and the baby will have a beautiful Spring birthday!

I am waiting on Luke to get home so that we can enjoy a final dinner date out as just the two of us. We will then spend some time together, get the house picked up, and count down the hours until bedtime-- so we can wake up and go to the hospital by 7:30 tomorrow morning!

The bags are packed and sitting by the door. The laundry is done. The cats have no idea what is about to hit them :-)....we have called friends and family. We are ready (as we're ever going to be)! Who knows, by 24 hours from now, we should be holding our sweet baby boy or girl!

Since this is my last day of being pregnant, we have to take our 38 week picture. I also will complete one last pregnancy survey!

How far along? 38 weeks and 3 days

Total weight gain: Sittin' pretty at about 40. Woohoo! Thankfully that number should be going down after tomorrow!

Sleep: Still waking up about once a night to pee. Tossing and turning is nearly impossible, so my hips just go numb. I think poor Luke has worse nights' sleep than me, though. He thrashes around, says he doesn't have any room (because of my belly and the number of pillows I need to be comfortable), and he has to get up pretty early. Sorry, Babe!

Best moment this week: Learning that I was 7 cm dilated and yet not in labor, and finding out that we would be meeting our sweet baby by March 11th.

Movement: As I type, the baby is going to town, putting its butt up in the air and trying to find its way out.

Gender: We will find out soon enough, right?

Labor Signs: All kinds....had 2 hours of solid contractions every 8-10 minutes apart on Sunday. Braxton Hicks contractions galore. Um....and yeah did I mention I am 7 cm dilated?

Belly Button in or out? Flat & weird looking!

Cravings: I want Olive Garden soup & salad....which is where we are going tonight!

What I miss: Cute clothes....and now that spring is here, the clothes are really cute and colorful! I am excited that I will be wearing them again soon! My two pair of maternity dress pants from Target got me through about 5 months, but I am ready to put them away!

What I am looking forward to: TOMORROW! It's BABY TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment