Monday, March 22, 2010

Little Girl

When we went to the doctor for the first time with Noelle last Monday, she weighed 7 lbs, 6 oz. She was still down 9 oz. from her birth weight. Her assignment was to gain at least 7 oz. in one week and come back today for a weigh-in. Well, my baby girl failed this assignment and only gained 2 oz, despite the fact that she is eating all the time and doesn't seem to be upset that she isn't getting enough food.

We now are going to be supplementing with formula after every feeding, and we have to go back next Monday for another weigh-in. Who would have thought that my daughter would have problems gaining weight? It seems she has her father's body type, and she will be oh-so-grateful when she gets older!

Me on the other hand....I am happy to report that I have lost over 20 lbs since Noelle was born, and now I don't have much more to go before I get back to where I started. It's really fun to see pounds fly off and not have to exercise! I know the next 10-15 will not be that easy to get rid of, and I am greatly looking forward to going back to Zumba and starting jogging again.

That's all I know for now! Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sister, I feel your pain!! I will never forget the WEEKS and WEEKS of weigh-ins at the Dr.'s office. I would hold my breath and put Jentry on the scale and PRAY that she weighed at least a bit more then the week before. It was AWEFUL!

    ReplyDelete