Monday, March 1, 2010

Made it to March!

I can't believe it is March already! I can't believe it has been 37 weeks that I have been pregnant, which means I am down to my final 3 weeks. I am stunned that I am going to be a mom in 3 weeks or less, and I am overwhelmed with so many thoughts and feelings.

I am so physically uncomfortable that I am just itching to get this baby out, but I know that the implications of having this baby too early will complicate "the plan." If I make it to Spring Break, I don't have to count Spring Break in my maternity leave and basically I will get an extra week. This will put me back at school toward the end of May. If God decides that this baby needs to come this week, I will be back by mid April. I am not ready to do that, and it is not what I wish to do. I pray that I can just suck it up and be strong for 3 more measly weeks so that I can have this baby in perfect time. I know that I can't plan it or choreograph it, but I know that I can hopeful that things will work out the way they are supposed to.

My students start ISTEP tomorrow. I am so nervous, I could barf. I have been teaching my face off since Christmas (well, before then, too...but the pressure has been high since returning from break), and unfortunately with missing 2 weeks of school in February, it really put us behind. It is so unfair the weight they put on these tests....making us feel like we have failed if our students don't all pass...making the kids feel dumb and like losers if they don't pass. It really is a downfall of our education system. I am all for accountability, but seriously you should see some of the stuff they are required to do. It's a nightmare!

Well, I'm off my teaching soap box for now. There's plenty else to be happy and positive about, so I guess I will focus on that. Hope everyone's having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment