I have been a mom for 16 days, and I have already started a list of baby inventions that I can't live without. If you're not a mom or not close to becoming a mom, I apologize for the irrelevance of this post.
1. Medela 4 oz plastic bottles. She loves these and is not "confused" by them when she switches back and forth between nursing and taking a bottle.
2. Boppy Newborn Lounger. This is not the same as the Boppy nursing pillow. This is like a donut with a cover on it, and she lays in it a lot. This keeps her off the floor, couch, or bed. It elevates her head, and it makes it quite possible for me to do things like use the bathroom or eat cereal and not feel like her safety is at risk. We are borrowing this from a friend right now, but we will be purchasing one for any subsequent children.
3. Baby Wipes Warmer. Noelle is very content and peaceful 90% of the time. She only gets really, really mad when she is cold and/or wet. Cold and wet is a horrid combo for her. This makes diaper changes dreadful (when are they pleasant?), because she screams until no sound comes from her sweet little body when the cold wipe touches her. I decided it was worth the $25 to invest in a warmer. It earned its money the first night, when I changed her in the middle of the night and she didn't make a sound. Beautiful.
4. Aquaphor ointment. I got this at a shower from Luke's Aunt Kathy, and she said it was the best. Definitely true! She had the very beginnings of a diaper rash, and I put some on her and the redness was gone by the next diaper change.
5. Pampers Swaddlers diapers. We didn't know if we would like Huggies or Pampers better prior to her birth, but we got some of each as shower gifts. We definitely like Pampers better, as they fit her perfectly and haven't leaked. The Huggies seem huge on her and we can't get them snug enough on her.
That's all I have for now (not too mention my hand is sore from typing with like 4 fingers for 15 min.)!