Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Doc Appointment!

So, Wednesday was my first time at the Castleton OB/GYN center. I really liked it there, and I didn't have to wait at all, which was a change from any other doctor's office I have been to. Anyway, I didn't meet my doctor, but I met the nurse practitioner, and she basically took every ounce of my personal and family history. She also gave me a bag full of way-too-much-information about everything from vitamins to nutrition to exercise to prenatal testing to risks and what I can and cannot do for the next 9 months. She even started talking about delivery and all this stuff...I was a tad overwhelmed!

But, what she also told me was that I am 7 weeks along and due around April 13th. Tax Season baby?! She also informed me that I need to exercise for 30 minutes 6 times a week. Ahhhh! She also said that due to my height, I'm only allowed to gain 20 lbs with this pregnancy. This should be fun :-)

My next appointment is September 11th at 3:30, and we will meet the doctor for the first time and get a physical. I have to have blood drawn before then :-( 

This is in totally unrelated and non-baby news, but I miss Ball State so much tonight. Tonight is the first home game, and I just miss that college atmosphere. I feel like I could cry about it! I guess those are the hormones talking...

No comments:

Post a Comment