Monday, September 14, 2009

13 Weeks

Well, I have rounded the corner of 13 weeks, which means at the end of this week I am done with the first trimester! Truly, what a milestone, as these past 3 months have seemed to last forever! I found out so quick that I was pregnant so I felt like it was an eternity before we could tell people and even longer to get through this trimester.
I absolutely cannot complain about this pregnancy (HA! Ask Luke that...he might have a different answer!). But really...no puking, no nausea, just some crazy fatigue early on (but who doesn't like a good excuse for a nap?), some sweet teen acne, and some "mild mood swings" (again, Luke might say otherwise). I know others who are terribly sick and have been for the entire three months, but I have not been. I hope I am not cursing myself, but my doctor says that some people just feel really great during pregnancy. I guess I am lucky that respect!

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. I don't think it will be anything crazy...just listening to the heartbeat. Thankfully, we have been listening to the heartbeat every day with our doppler. If you are reading this, and you are pregnant, it is SO worth it to rent or buy one so that you can have the peace of mind to know that all is well in there. I just can't wait until I can feel this little guy or girl move. I know it could be any week now....!

Well, the last I updated, we painted the nursery lime green. I was cool with the green at first, and then I freaked out and decided we should paint over it. We opted for a more apple green this time, which is much easier on the eyes and probably won't sway our child into premature ADHD like the other color. We put a fresh coat of white on the trim, moved the furniture back in, and geez it kind of looks like a nursery! Maybe we rushed a little ahead, but baby stuff is just so awesome and cute...who could resist?

The plan is not to find out the sex of the baby, so I am prepared either way as far as bedding goes. I have a girl set that my mom got us a long time ago because it was going on clearance at Target and she knew I always had my eye on it. She didn't want the time to come for us to have a baby and us not to be able to find something we liked us much. So....I have a girl bedding set which is in the crib now. I just ordered on ebay a boy set that will also match the green on the wall....it is super cute and modern and fun. I am excited to get it. Now, either way, we are prepared! I plan to have the same plan for clothes...if I see something cute for a girl, I will just get it. If I see something cute for a boy...I will do the same. It won't go to waste. I am sure we will have more children (God willing) and one of them is bound to be the opposite sex.

Well...that's all I have for now. I went to Zumba tonight and it felt great. It is always hard to get in my car and go after a long day at school, but I am always so thankful when I get there. Besides, there's a girl, also named Ashley, who is 14 weeks pregnant! Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment