Sunday, September 20, 2009

14 Weeks!

Goodbye, first trimester....Hello second trimester! It feels like it has taken FOREVER to get to this point! Everyone has told me that the 2nd trimester is the best, and I am greatly looking forward to it. I feel like I got off the hook easy during the 1st, so I am hoping there are no unpleasant surprises in the 2nd. What I am really looking forward to is my chubby belly turning into a baby belly! I am also looking forward to feeling those kicks -- though I still swear I have felt them twice. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
I went to Target yesterday with Jenn, and we happened to find ourselves in the baby clearance. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. There were so many cute things for $2, $3, $4....I just couldn't resist. So what if I got 25 outfits, 22 of them for a girl? They didn't have very many boy things without a silly looking character or bear or Winnie the Pooh (ick), so I had to do what I could do. The stuff I got was absolutely precious....so needless to say we will either have a well-dressed girl or a really naked boy!
Girl outfits
Pathetic collection of boy outfits

I got a wild hair and decided that I wanted to make baby bows. Again...maybe this is my subconscious telling me that I am having a girl...because I am all about the girly stuff as of late. Anyway, I went to Michael's today and got some ribbon and made my first bow for Jenna's baby girl Avigail! I hope she likes it! I made it to match an outfit that I am taking to her today when a group of my friends make the road trip to go see her. I am so excited to see this baby girl!
I was bored this morning and counted our spare change we have been collecting since January, and we are at about $92! This is our Christmas money that we will use to buy presents for our friends/family. I know $92 won't stretch very far, but we still have about 2 months before we need to start spending it, and at least it is money that we don't have to come up with all at once. Paying in all cash (well, mostly all cash) for a year has really been one of our better decisions we have made.

Anyway, I better get ready to go. Hopefully the girls will be on time and we can get headed down south here shortly. Why do the weekends go so quickly?

1 comment:

  1. This is so TYPICAL as far as the selection of boy clothes is concerned...I almost cried the first time I went out to buy Cole clothes after he had been born. At Old Navy there were two racks of newborn boy clothes and about sixteen racks of newborn girl clothes. Argh!!!

    ReplyDelete