Thursday, December 10, 2009

25 Weeks!

The weeks seem to be ticking away faster than I can keep up! I lost track for a few minutes this week, thinking I was 24 weeks along, but then I realized I am 25, soon to be 26! I stalk a lot of blogs. Admit it...you do, too! But I remember reading the announcements of so many women's pregnancies, and before you know it, they have pictures posted of their babies after they have been born. The time goes really quickly once you get out of the first trimester, in my opinion. That was the worst time...not because of sickness for me thank goodness, but because I wasn't showing yet...I just looked chubby...and I couldn't feel the baby move...and March seemed like light years away. Now we are almost 1/2 way through December, and we are making great progress toward the March 23rd finish line!

This week began with great news about the blood pressure/proteinuria testing. I was worried sick that I had preeclampsia. All I saw was bed rest and premature delivery in my future. I am very relieved to not have to worry about that right now. I am still committed to making some dietary changes. I have already changed what I eat in the mornings to a healthy English muffin, egg, and turkey sausage sandwich. Luke makes them for us each day, and we both love them. I have stopped bringing soup for lunch. As much as this kills me, especially on these cold (BITTERLY COLD) days, I know that it is packed with sodium and I need to stay away from it. These small changes will add up to making the baby and me much healthier in the end.

In other baby news, I am feeling this little one move more and more each day. I fantasize and day dream constantly about who this baby is, what he/she looks like. I can't wait until I can lay on the couch with a baby on my chest. It's going to be so awesome!

Luke and I are looking into daycare options for next school year, and I am weighing the options of coming back to school for 2 weeks in May, or staying out through the summer. Any thoughts?
I think that is about it! I will just leave you with this picture of my belly!

1 comment:

  1. Stay home through the summer. You won't regret the time you get to spend with your new little one! Jentry was due on March 22 2009 but thought Feb 17th was a better day to show her face to the world...I stayed home with her until school started this year and I'm so glad I got to spend the first 6 months with her. It went by so fast! BTW...I'm Jenn's friend from MVHS and also a fellow AOII...but from IU :)

    ReplyDelete