Sunday, December 20, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I feel like I have been playing catch-up a lot here lately...with my sleep...with my Facebook & Blogging (oh-so-important)...with my work at home...etc. It's been a busy week, between getting everything ready at school for Christmas break, going to my staff Christmas party, the Royerton Christmas Program, and then having Luke's family Christmas all weekend, I feel like I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I am soooo exhausted, but I know that I will have 2 weeks off to catch up my sleep.

We had a great weekend with Luke's family. Because our family is so big and busy, we must do our Christmas not on actual Christmas Day. We hung out, laughed a lot, ate a TON of food, played with our beautiful nephews, built a HUGE snowman, saw Blindside (me) and Avatar (Luke), got some great gifts, and caught up with all the family news. Luke's youngest sister CeCe is heading to Argentina for a whole year on January 4th, so we enjoyed spending time with her. It's insane to think that our child will be 9 months old when she comes home and meets him/her for the first time. It makes me sad, but I know she is doing what she wants to do, and she will have a great experience.

In other news, I hit the 27 week milestone, meaning this is my last official week in the 2nd trimester. I am excited and nervous to begin my 3rd trimester. I can't believe I have been pregnant over 6 months already. The time is flying, and we are getting so close to meeting our precious baby girl or baby boy. I have had 3 girl dreams and Luke has had 2 girl dreams. We joke that if it is a boy, Baby Max is going to come out with his middle finger up because we have said GIRL for so long and called the baby Noelle a lot. I apologize in advance, Son. I just have a really strong feeling.

Speaking of strong feeling, the baby has been a lot more active, kicking and punching harder each day. I can even see my belly move at times, and other people have been able to get a feel for the action (not my mom, however, who hasn't been able to time it just right).

Well, I think that is about it. I am going to rest up for a couple days before the real Christmas madness begins. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I will have my glucose test to see if I am gestational diabetic. Wednesday I finally get my ugly wart removed that I have had on my hand for almost a year. SICK!

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment