Saturday, July 18, 2009

25th Birthday!

Well, I have officially crossed over to the other side of 25, and now you can round my age up to 30. Woohoo! Actually, if you ask me, age doesn't really bother me that much. However, try asking me that when I actually turn 30...then I might have a different opinion. I always looked forward to my "mid-twenties," when I was younger. I always thought it was the perfect age...young enough to go out and do things and professional enough to have money to do them. HA...! At least I am still young enough to go out and do things....

I had a great birthday. I spent the better part of the day working in my classroom and getting it organized and put together for this coming school year. I know that doesn't sound all too exciting, but to me, it felt good to be productive. I got my license renewed, complete with a license that has a picture where I was told not to smile (Indiana has an identity theft software thingy where they do face recognition and a smile would just ruin that). Needless to say, I look like a convict, but at least I have good hair in the picture. :-)

I got some gifts from my parents. They always do too much and make me feel guilty for not being a better daughter to deserve such things. Oh well. My mom always says she doesn't do anything she doesn't want to do. But still. Well, I will just add "be a better daughter" to my 25 year old resolution list. 

I went back home to Indy and got ready for a great dinner at Buca's with my amazing husband who just rocks my world each and every day! Then we came back and he presented me with not only the chocolate chip cookie dough Coldstone ice cream cake that I have been petitioning for since April, but also a Border's gift card! Yessssss! 

Then, the door bell rang, and rang, and rang, as a nice gathering of our family, including my parents who I just saw hours prior but never mentioned coming down to Indy, filled our living room to help wish me a happy birthday. What a sweet surprise! Again...hubby...rocks my world. 

The cake was to-die-for...Lord it was wonderful! Elizabeth got me an amazing shirt from Target that I almost bought myself. What thoughtful people! It was a great night.

So...I'm 25. Abe wrote to me in my card that it would be the best year of my life...and Abe, I know I don't like to say this...but I think you're right! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment