Saturday, May 23, 2009

4 down, 12 to go...

I am ashamed to say that I pooped out last night before I could do the Jillian Michaels hell video...I am disappointed in myself because I was on a streak. Maybe I will do it twice today? Or maybe I won't live to tell about tomorrow if I do that...

Level 2 is HARD. I have worked muscles I didn't know I had. However, I do see/feel results, and my weight has stayed at a level sub 16 lbs. I like this. I am trying to get to -20 by my vacation. I have about 10 days. Go me!

Luke is studying for the boards like a mad-man. He is feeling the pressure as the test is on Wednesday of this week and we will be kind of in and out all weekend with the baptism of Solomon, our Godson, on Sunday. I am soooooooooooo excited for this! I can't wait to post pictures.

I have my crockpot ribs going as we speak....today is going to be a great day!

On a random note (I guess this whole thing is random), I watched a special last night on 20/20 about kids with Tourette Syndrome. I have a student with the disease/disorder/syndrome/etc. He doesn't have it as severe as these children, but he still has the tics. I felt so horrible for these kids last night....and I also felt guilty because I haven't always approached my student with the most sympathy. It is hard to understand how this disease is uncontrollable, and it is easy to want to say, "Stop it!" But they can't help it. I really need to work on my sympathy skills for next year.

Alright, gotta run. It is a beautiful day and I am excited to be outside! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment