Thursday, April 29, 2010

7 Weeks!

My sweet baby girl is 7 weeks old today! I don't know if I should celebrate or cry. Maybe a little bit of both. I don't think I write enough about Noelle on this little blog, so I will update you on how the little "nugget" (as my dad says) is doing.

We weighed Noelle on the scale we are borrowing (thanks Amanda!) the other night, and she weighted just over 10 lbs! She has gained almost 2 lbs since birth. At her last doctor's appointment, she was 22" long. She will go again on May 11 for her 2 month check-up. I hear there are shots this time, so I am thankful that I will not be taking her (since I will be back to work).

Noelle has begun to smile when she is happy. When you tickle her cheek or get down in her face, she will usually crinkle her little nose and give you a smile. It just melts your heart! She holds her head up when you put her up by your shoulder. We work with her being able to lift her head when she is on her tummy. Her legs are getting stronger, and she will even start to bear a little weight on them when you stand her up.

She is making lots of noises right now. At first, I thought every little noise was her being upset, but I have realized that she is trying to find her voice. She will let out a little scream or grunt but not be unhappy. It's cute to see her figure herself out!

She is sleeping at night in chunks of about 5-6 hours. The trick is getting her to sleep for the correct 5-6 hours...meaning from 11-4 instead of 9-2. I am nervous about sleep for when I go back to school. However, I really can't complain, because she does pretty well.

Noelle is finally on a good feeding schedule. After having one near breakdown that would have resulted in throwing in the towel on breastfeeding, I have finally figured out that she can eat every 3 hours until she goes to bed and she is perfectly happy. This makes me happy, too, because I can get something down around the house in the in-between. She naps quite a bit during the day, too.

She is a perfect angel in public. At every wedding, funeral, church service, or restaurant we have visited, she hasn't made a peep. She is just wonderful. She allows anyone to hold her, and as long as she is held, she is happy.

Unfortunately, Noelle only poops like once every 5 or 6 days. She has even gone as long as a week. We don't like this...not that we want more poop in our lives, but she gets some pretty intense stomach pains and we can't really help her. Not to mention when she does finally let it go, it is DISGUSTING! Speaking of disgusting, Noelle passes some serious gas. It could clear a room. People try to be cute about it and tell us that she is "tooting." No. Noelle is having some man farts. It's not one of her finer qualities.

So, that's my little girl in a nutshell. She is the light of our lives and makes us so happy. I look forward to each day with her. Here are some updated pictures of little Noelle Elizabeth. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment